Friday, April 1, 2011

Goldie Holographic swatches

So everyone agreed these Goldie nail polish could be categorize under holographic =). I love all this color BUT for the first time I realized how bad a nail polish formula can be. Usually Im not picky about polish formula, but the application was very disappointing. After a few layers, the color started to look dull and very rough surface because of the glitters. I understand about the rough surface part, but what's with the dull and matte part??

 Indoor light

 Under sunlight

 Very gorgeous light lilac purple holographic

 After a layer of topcoat

Under sunlight, 3 layers with topcoat. Very sheer though.

 This looks like China glaze TMI but more holographic. Just a bit.


I put a layer of light pink before 2 layers of Goldie polish.

 Now, it looks like OPI Katy perry Teenage Dream without the holo part.

Misty wanted to be in this photo.

These are just my personal opinion and the colors in the photos might not be accurate. The photo quality might be better when i get the camera back next week. Other than that, what do you think of these polishes?

Have an awesome weekend!!!
*Cheers*

14 comments:

  1. omg the packagin is amazing!! really cute!


    In Palace ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're pretty...too bad they're not great in the formula department.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy you swatched these. I have been eyeing them at my local winners for a while now, but never picked them up.
    Do they dry fairly quickly?
    http://overthetaupebeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like them. Too bad you need like 55 coats. I would still buy them anyway though ... cause I'm a sucker.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How about skipping the top coat? I don't normally wear a top coat with holo nail polish. Another option might be the OPI DS series top coat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, the colours are gorgeous..too bad for the formula :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. ARGH I want these so bad! Holos tend to get weird like that after a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love them! I have a gold holo goldie polish that I got in a blog sale and I wish I could find more to buy!! they look great

    ReplyDelete
  9. They look pretty anyway! And Misty is just adorable <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for all the lovely comments!!! They made my day <3

    @Megan Harmeyer: I know!! if they could improve the formula, that would be awesome!

    @Jenny and Kaylie: They do, but matte out instantly too!! =(

    @loodie loodie loodie: Yea me too!! just looking at the bottle itself is enough. =)

    @Halifax: Without the topcoat it turns matte, I used OPI topcoat to make it shinier. Its hard to find OPI DS topcoat here unfortunately.=(

    @Rachel Marie: Its weekend, remember?? Ill let you know later tonight *wink*

    @Shadow: A gold holo!!! I want to see some swatches!!!

    @Biba: Misty said Meow(thanks!!) ahahahah

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these bottles!! They are adorible!!
    KatXoXo

    ReplyDelete